Saturday, September 11, 2010

Like A Song

My last blog told the story of my new job and how this meant the end of The Peacebus. Many people might think that this would also mean the end of The Peacebus art collection, but I still have enough artwork – that I haven’t yet shared with you – to help me create at least three more stories.

For today’s blog I’ve decided to share fifteen more artworks, that were created by my students last May and June. I thought that it would make an enjoyable read to intermingle the students’ art with a poem I wrote in the summer of 2004.

LIKE A SONG

I don’t like living in a world

ruled by corruption for greed,

enslaving almost all people (in some way)

for those few lifestyles that are built for speed.

Whatever happened to, “Love each other!”?

Did it get buried beneath the money?

How can all these lies we’ve been living

lead to a balance where our riches taste like honey?

I’d like to live in a world

that creates opportunity for the doing of the deed,

where everyone understands the power of peace

and the importance of the planting of the seed.

We will lay down our weapons and LOVE EACH OTHER!

We will clear away pollution to enjoy skies that are sunny,

where everyone’s voice is like a song

and our actions beat with harmony.

July, 2004

Jim

No comments: