Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Before I Die

I think that everyone has a list – no matter how small or even trivial it may seem – of things we want to do before we die.

One of the things on my list is to take a series of photographs showing the beauty of an opening flower.

Oh yeah! Sure! It’s been done before.

But these are special photos cuz they’re photos of my flower opening!

The flower that I dug up and planted here, watered and watched grow.

So… check – one item off my list! That was easy.

It took almost six hours to take these pictures. I set up my tripod and took the first photo at 11:00am and then, every two hours, I would snap another one. It amazes me that a flower that takes almost a full eight-hour shift to simply open up to greet the world will be dead within the next twenty-four hours. It makes me happy to have been a small part of this flower’s short life!

I really enjoy taking pictures of the flowers that bloom in my garden.

It’s a very calming way to spend a small part of my day.

I think that this photo is really cool. I love the whole 3D thing of the soon to bloom lily buds and my bean patch makes a special appearance in this photo, too!

Just the other day, a huge patch of Snapdragons bloomed into colours of yellow, crimson orange and autumn pink.

I think that I’m finally getting the hang of how to properly use the macro settings on this digital camera!!! I love all the cool textures of the blurred backgrounds.

I tried to think of something clever to say for this photo and I become speechless. Too many thoughts! So many colours! Forms and shapes are everywhere! Imagination is overloading!!! Beautiful.

+ + + +

The moral of this story is… Create a short and simple list of things that you want to do before you die so that you can accomplish your goals easily. Hmmmm… what’s the next thing on my list? “Peace On Earth”. Well, that sounds easy enough. I’ll be sure to check that off my list tomorrow…

Jim

No comments: