Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Peaceflowers From Around The World

A little over a week ago, I wrote a blog about my latest art endeavours… creating peaceflowers of chalk, drawn throughout the city’s sidewalks…


I thought that this would be a fun way to share a simple image intended to make people smile and think of peace. Since this graffiti art is made of chalk, it will wash away with the rain, so it’s quite a harmless venture of expression.

While I was writing that blog, it occurred to me that I could create a photoalbum on my Facebook pages and invite other people to join in my adventure – even you, my blog readers. So I did. Since most of my Facebook friends are people that I’ve never met, from many countries around the world, I thought that it would be really cool to have these peaceflowers drawn in different locations around the world. How many people can I get to join in my first ever global ‘art attack’!!! LOL!

It’s almost been two weeks and here are the art creations that have been sent to me so far…


Three countries have participated – Canada (Cambridge and Barrie), China (an entire class of students) and the USA (Florida and Georgia) – creating a total of eleven peaceflowers! I am so very impressed!!! Many other people have told me that they will be sending me their peaceflowers, very soon, so I’ll have some more art to share with you in the near future.

You can see that this idea is simple to do and its lots of fun. If you would like to contribute to this global effort, just send your photos (tell me your name and where you drew the art – city, province/state and country) to: peacefulwarrior333@hotmail.com.

Let’s have some fun and unite as a global community!!!

Jim

No comments: